SDP is working to support the stretched health system in Western Province.
- Our Aerial Health Patrols fly medical teams into remote communities where they deliver primary health care (vaccinations, WASH programs, family planning, outpatient clinics) and they stay on the ground for 3 or 4 days and make repeat visits every 6 weeks.
- We are supporting the Balimo Hospital and working towards launching River Health Patrols.
- We fund organisations such as Marie Stopes (family planning); World Vision (WASH); and RAM (malaria management) to deliver their services in Western Province.
- We have invested in infrastructure to provide clean water (filtration systems for Daru bores and a pipeline from the Kiunga water treatment plant to Sare village in Ward 5).
- We are also investing in improved connectivity for health centres (satellite dish & solar power).